THE POLYMER SOCIETY OF KOREA

연구논문 초록집

초록 검색

세션명 Graduate Student Oral Session (I) (English)
발표장 301호
논문코드 1O12-4
발표일 2019-10-10
발표시간 14:15-14:30
논문제목 Large-Scale Alignment of Conjugated Polymer Nanowires via Controlled Evaporation of Confined Fluids
발표자 조경렬
발표자 소속 전남대학교
저자 조경렬, 최솔잎, 장민철
소속 전남대학교
논문초록 Long-range alignment of conjugated polymers is essential for achieving efficient charge transport in polymer films used in electronics devices. Here, we report a scalable strategy that enables large-scale alignment of polymer semiconductor nanowires (NWs) with highly enhanced charge carrier mobility, using a modified controlled evaporative self-assembly (MCESA) technique. Organic field-effect transistors (OFETs) based on highly aligned poly(3-hexylthiophene) (P3HT)-NW films exhibit a remarkable 10-fold enhancement in charge carrier mobility as compared to the pristine P3HT films. The motion rate of the meniscus was revealed to profoundly influence the molecular ordering and charge transport characteristics of the aligned NW films. Significantly, large-area aligned P3HT-NW films resulted in lower device performance variation (i.e., standard deviation ≅ 0.0172 (16%) cm2 V-1 s-1) as well as an excellent average device performance (i.e., average charge mobility ≅ 0.11 cm1 V-1 s-1).